Run It Twice – Ring Games
All-in pots are a major part of Big Bet poker and, like it or not, sometimes the best hand when the money goes in doesn’t end up winning. But with Run It Twice (RIT), you can try and change the outcome by dealing all remaining cards twice and splitting the pot between two boards. When no more betting can occur in a hand, and all players still involved have enabled Run It Twice, the remaining community cards will be dealt twice, creating two separate boards. The pot is split evenly between both boards, awarding the two halves of the pot according to the final results of each board.
In effect you could win one or both boards, limiting your losses on an All IN hand.
How to Run It Twice
Run It Twice is available on No Limit and Pot Limit Hold’em and Omaha ring game tables where community cards are dealt.
Tables where this feature is available are specifically marked on the main lobby.
To Run It Twice, follow these simple steps.
- Click ‘Options’ at the top of the PokerStars lobby and select ‘Run It Twice’
- Select one of four Run It Twice options. These are:
- Always: You will always want to Run It Twice when possible
- By table (default ON): Using a checkbox, you decide on each table whether to Run It Twice or not. The checkbox will start switched ON
- By table (default OFF): Using a checkbox, you decide on each table whether to Run It Twice or not. The checkbox will start switched OFF
- Never: You will never Run It Twice
Run It Twice Rules
You will only be able to Run It Twice when specific criteria are met.
- The game is either No Limit or Pot Limit Omaha or Texas Holdem.
- The river card has not yet been dealt.
- No further betting is possible by any player.
- All players still involved in the hand have Run It Twice enabled.